JK Cement SwachhAbility Run 2016
The human spirit is the strongest force there is, and this spirit endows us with the ability to create value out of all challenges. Ability is a state of mind, and ability backed by the determination to contribute towards a noble cause, helps us create value. The JK Cement SwachhAbility Run is a unique run carrying a strong message about two important causes – inclusion of Divyangs as equal and Swachh Bharat.
The JK Cement SwachhAbility Run drew its inspiration from the spirit of selfless service, epitomized by The Indian Army. Celebrating the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (3rd December), it was a unique run carrying a strong message about two important causes – inclusion of Divyangs as equal and Swachh Bharat.
The run covered 7 cities in 7 days, starting from Chandigarh on November 27 to Noida on December 3, inspiring people across Chandigarh, Ambala, Kurukshetra, Karnal, Sonipat, Panipat and Noida.
The objective was to showcase the SwachhAbility Run as a world-class and one of its type event and emphasize on the fact that the run represents the spirit of India.
Awareness was created amongst the people and they were encourage to participate and influence the society for the two causes of the Run.
became an inspiration
ran across the 7 cities
taken to bring the change
- Small cities in North India where covered where no platform of Inclusion of Divyangs and Swachhta was existed.
- Divyangs were given an opportunity to perform everything alongside general public. It was attempt to bring Inclusion through sports.
- A kindle fire was generated within Divyangs with the mementos for their participation to encourage them.
- Swachhta Drive was lead by Divyangs and Schools and the cleaned area was adopted by the school to take care after in future.
- Children were included to get sensitised in terms o swachhta and inclusion of divyangs.
- Veer Nari’s/The mothers and wives of the martyrs were honoured as Chief Guests and started with the run in each city by flagging off the run.
- Everyone took the pledge to keep the surrounding and mother earth clean and concluded with the National Anthem.